Limes are among the most popular citrus fruits in the world for good reason. Limes add refreshing zest to almost any drink which cleanses and enhances immune properties of your already healthy glass of juice. The sweet and sour taste of limes are used in many recipes from many cultures around the world as well as provide massive amounts of health benefits. With limes being one of the main ingredients in FOY OG Lime, lets find out what makes this citrus fruit stand out from the rest!
- Limes are an excellent source of Vitamin C. Because of this, Limes have been used for centuries as a cure-all for scurvy, which is a disease caused by lack of vitamin C.
- In addition to vitamin-C, lime contains special compounds called Flavonoids which have antioxidant, anti-carcinogenic, antibiotic and detoxifying properties that stimulate the healing process of peptic and oral ulcers.
- A glass of warm water with a full lime’s worth of juice in it is excellent for helping with weight loss as well as a being a brilliant and refreshing drink full of antioxidants. The citric acid present in lime is an excellent fat burner. You can consume two glasses a day and see legitimate and remarkable results within a week.
- According to the American Diabetes Association, limes and other citrus fruits are considered a diabetes superfood. Mainly, the high levels of soluble fiber found in limes make it an ideal dietary aid to help regulate the body’s absorption of sugar into the bloodstream, which reduces the occurrence of blood sugar spikes which are a serious risk to diabetic patients.
- Limes contain high amounts of potassium which is very effective in the removal of toxic substances and the precipitates which get deposited in kidneys and bladder. This helps to relieve and prevent kidney stones.
- Lime has an irresistible scent which causes your mouth to water and this actually aids primary digestion. The natural acidity in lime does the rest. While they break down the macromolecules of the food, the flavonoids stimulate the digestive system and increase secretion of digestive juices, bile and acids.